World Syntegrity Project
Collated Statements of Importance
ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT/ EQUITY - Black - BURLINGTON, VERMONT
The one world economic system must TRANSFORM the PROFIT MOTIVE so as to use the least amount of resources with the least INVASIVE EFFECT on the EARTH!
THE ONE WORLD ECONOMIC SYSTEM must also ASSIGN the REAL COSTS to business (such as infrastructure, resource use, buildings' cost, cleanup, pollution, research etc.) and also such as habitat, scenic resources, environmental quality, and biodiversity.
The following will facilitate the One World Economic System:
- All land is public land, which includes all resources. Personal lease of
land and/or resources shall be determined by:
- supply and demand, according to principle for just and/or right use for the common good,
- democratic, participatory decision making,
- assessing those who use land and/ or resources with assessments going to support world government.
- Currency be established on an ecological basis (i.e. solar, wind, perishable items) thus limiting the accumulation of wealth and such institutions as the World Bank. But used in manufacturing, etc.
- Establish a bargaining system of personal credits created through a computer network. A service performed earns credits which then can be traded and honored. Each person establishes own worth of service. This process would include presently nonpaying jobs.
In conclusion, the One World Economic System must serve the Earth and all HER inhabitants.
ECONOMY - CAIRO, EGYPT
- The world should use and own one currency.
- The logo of the currency should have a universal or global design.
- It should not bear personal images, except the united colors of benediction-black, white, yellow, red and all existing.
- Devaluation of nations' economies should be prevented by collective universal efforts to always balance or check various nations' economic decline any time.
- Thus, no exploitation will be allowed, but awareness and positive direction should always be given to the people concerned for their own well-being.
- Enterprises should never be owned by solely one individual and/or his family but on a group basis. But also this does not mean everybody is an owner of every enterprise.
- Natural resources in all nations should never be manipulated solely by an individual and/or his family. Where it appears to be necessary, a democratic declaration from the subjects or citizens, entrusting such to the individual, should be obtained.
- Another means of reward should be devised so that, if possible, money should not be the hallmark for wages.
HOW IS THE WORLD ECONOMY LINKED TO THE EXPLOITATION OF THE THIRD WORLD BY MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES - Dark Blue - LIVERPOOL, U.K.
In creating need-economy, grassroots shared enterprises are very important
e.g. Co-ops -Mondragon AND they must tell others what they're doing. Subsistence the minimum aim - but only the beginning (socially determined) Challenge current economic dogmas by substituting need for wants/greed.
WORLD TRADE - Gold - LIVERPOOL, U.K.
The system of world trade and industry must be reformed to allow sustainable development and the material compensation of exploited third world peoples.
Sustainable development at the level of strategic principle is about raising our quality of life by establishing symbiotic relations between human cultures and between those cultures and the biosphere.
There needs to be a global recognition of the major obstacles to achieving sustainable development and compensation of exploited third world people.
These include inequitable exchange values, the imposition of the debt crisis, the impacts of the arms trade, the degree of political instability and corruption and the impacts of global warming, and the habits of excessive "western" consumption.
The individual has a key responsibility to support ethical and sustainable trade with the third world. To fulfill this we need to set up an organisation to provide detailed product-info and to encourage awareness of the individual's real capacity.
There is an urgent need of individual's involvement in precedents of ethical and sustainable enterprise.
The UN has a duty to establish a secretariat to assist trade reform by providing governments with advice of appropriate tariff levels to encourage sustainable development
CHANNELS FOR CASH FLOW
The system does not win by compromising itself within the financial system.
The system's concept includes three aspects: material, energy and significance. For a systems description one should argue the level of order with perspective and aspect concepts.
AN ECONOMIC ETHICS SHIFT - Silver - MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
The current economic system is not working. A system appropriate to a world citizenship must be developed.
We propose the following ethical shifts:
- Emphasis on "paid work" ethic TO an emphasis on world-priority-responsiveness-responsibility work ethic.
- From predominance of sacrificial/compensatory work TO a minimisation and sharing of sacrificial work.
- From price as a primary indicator/trigger for investment of time on resources TO multi-factored all-inclusive indicators
- From wealth-distribution according to paid work/ inheritance/ capital gain TO distribution regardless (with perhaps some exceptions) of contribution.
- From privilege hierarchy TO non-privilege structure.
- From ownership TO custodianship (custodianship-a bundle of caretaking rights and responsibilities, including cost-free access right and associated responsibility not to sell, rent). This ethical shift is required to permit the enactment of the aforementioned shifts.
- From anthropocentric (human-centred) TO bio-centric ethic
- From short-term exploitation TO long-term inter-generational equity.
- Persuasion/education via arts, media, schools, and exemplary demonstration
- Establish a global organization network that embodies, exemplifies and demonstrates the above ethics i.e. global citizenship state.
RESOURCES - STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN
New resources can be created in a free market situation which in itself is based on a functions money supply. Exchange of resources can be increased by cooperation between individuals, organizations and countries.
Be aware of time. Commitment can sometimes be bought by offering a high salary. One can buy knowledge and qualifications for an organization but not for an individual.
Money is a measure of confidence between individuals. Money can not buy everything, e. g. time, commitment, knowledge and personal competence.
GLOBAL RECONSTRUCTION - Brown - SWANSEA, WALES
Power resides where the money, resources, and control of information are: however the resources must be exploited to have power - which requires capital, labour etc. We need a vision of equally distributed power relationships. The destruction of existing power relationships begins when those without power seek common causes and get together. This has to be done by subversive networks using their own information and material resources to reconstruct a more equitable power system.
NEW ECONOMIC/POLITICAL SYSTEMS - Black - SWANSEA, WALES
Given the widespread dissatisfaction with existing political and economic systems; this group has come up with ideas of formulating general principles of non-hierarchical organizations, individual empowerment etc.., on which alternative systems can be based. These are small scale, understandable, and attractive to people to encourage their participation and empowerment which will change their ideas - thereby bringing about actions to implement these first general principles in people's everyday lives.
Post Script - And what are you going to do about it?