World Syntegrity Project Collated Statements of Importance
SUCCESSFUL COMMUNICATION - Silver - AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
- Develop the idea of ecological communication: being on the same wavelength in order to come to resonance. To be in touch, matching.
- Pay more attention to content instead of form of communication
- The form of communication should not dominate content.
- Let people speak directly; read something FROM someone, instead of ABOUT someone.
- With the computer you lose a world of content.
- Only accept things that you experience yourself
- We are limited in our speaking partners.
- Communication as an analogy of money; it must be generated with a goal, but the goal gets lost.
- Non-verbal communication is being underestimated.
- Silence is a form of communication.
- Avoid cosmetic communication
- Avoid the senseless ceremonial blabla of the UN
- Communicate not too little and not too much (like food).
- You consume only 10% percent of your communication.
- Proposal: spend 1% of the UN budget on experimental communication.
- Remove the Vatican from the UN, because they represent a one sided contribution to communication; where are the other representatives of religions?
INVISIBLE WORLD - Silver - BOGOTA, COLOMBIA
- Human communication is based on signs and symbols. It is not human if it is reduced to mere signs (e.g. scientific knowledge) or symbols (myth, metaphor, arts, dream, game, allegory, parable, archetype). Harmonizing at the level of the two brain hemispheres (the digital and the analogical) is crucial for the balance of the universe and the species.
- The dream is to be rethought as the truth of the person and the world, as a catharsis and as a way of mutual and peaceful appreciation. The yet not visible or the apparently invisible are part of nature, society and culture, including science. There is a thought that transcends the boundaries of the thinker through ways not yet established, until it becomes part of the subconscious of the species.
- The transcendence of aesthetic education must be emphasized. It includes the game and the art in all their expressions (e.g. the way in which teaching makes mathematics or science user-friendly when it relates them to the universe of symbols).
- The world must rescue creative or collective recreational games, like the carnival, which allow for a cosmic self-reflection on the social being and recall the symbiosis with nature.
COMMUNICATION - CAIRO, EGYPT
Communication should be used as an instrument for world peace, love, unity, and harmony. Therefore:
- There should be one general acceptable language for the world.
- Good interaction among World Citizens, better understanding of selves, and sound acknowledgment should be achieved through effective communication systems derived from traveling, sports, games, cultural exchange, intermarriage, global conferences, etc.
- There should be global telecommunication systems throughout the world such as good roads, good rail system, good postal system, good navigational system to boost communication that encourages easy correspondence and enhances easy movement among the World Citizens.
- There should be free communication among World Citizens; therefore, no restriction or barriers should hinder/stop communication. This will foster good international relations throughout the world.
- The intrinsic value and richness of silent communication must be recognized and used to bridge communication gaps. Therefore, signs and symbols as forms of communication must be encouraged.
COMMUNICATION - White - LIVERPOOL, U.K.
- Lack of effective communication underlying factor
- Starting point of solution
- Communication must have a human nature which is valuable
- Communication as an instrument
- Respect of self and others must exist for effective communication
- Attributes of communication
- everybody communicates whether they want to or not
- Problems of communication
- To start human communication you must have self-respect and self-value
Effective communication requires respect for the self and the other. With such respect the inevitable instrumentality of language (whether used as a tool or as a weapon) becomes more benign.
WE SHOULD LOOK FOR DIFFERENT WAYS TO COMMUNICATE. GET NAKED AND DANCE!! - Gold - TORONTO, CANADA
We should look for different ways to communicate - shut up and dance naked!!
We recognize that communication occurs in many ways and we actively use a variety of modalities to come to understanding.